HI-981030 Soil pH Tester
In Stock 4 Items available
pH tester for soil, the HI-981030, has a specialised PVDF probe and an open reference junction with removable sleeve to prevent clogging. pH range: 0 to 12.00.
About HI-981030 Soil pH Tester
- Liquid Crystal Display
- On/off button
- pH probe with maximum and recommended immersion level
Press the on/off button to turn the meter on. All tags will be displayed. The meter will go into measurement mode with current reading and calibrated buffers displayed.
The meter has a range of 0.0 to 12.00 pH and a resolution of 0.01pH with accuracy at ±0.05pH @ 25°C. Calibration is automatic at one or two-point.
The built-in probe is for the specific application listed.
With an easy to change battery facility, the HI-981030 has an approximate battery life of 1000 hours of continuous use and has an auto-off feature enabled after 8 minutes or 60 minutes.
Featuring a liquid crystal display, the meter weighs in at 44g and measures 51 x 157 x 21mm. For best results, operate in 0 to 50°C, RH 95% max environment.
The meter is shipped with a protective cap on the electrode containing storage solution.
Each meter is supplied with:
- pH 4.01 buffer solution liquid sachet x 2
- pH 7.01 buffer solution liquid sachet x 2
- Cleaning solution for soil deposits x 2
- Electrode storage solution, 13mL dropper
- Electrode fill solution
- Instruction manual
Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a durable plastic that is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, including sodium hypochlorite. It has high abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and resistance to ultraviolet. PVDF is also resistant to fungal growth.
Open reference junction with removable sleeve design
Suspended solids on permanently clog the pores of a ceramic reference junction. The open junction design provides a constant junction potential and minimises blockage by providing an open gel interface between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference. Should soil enter into the junction, the junction can be easily cleaned and refreshed with new bridge electrolyte.
The pH electrode is shipped with a protective cap containing storage solution. Before using the meter, remove the protective cap and condition the electrode by soaking the tip (bottom 4cm) in pH 7.01 buffer solution for several minutes. Then follow the calibration process.
- Do not be alarmed if white crystals appear around the cap. This is normal with pH electrodes and they dissolve when rinsed with water.
- Turn the meter on by pressing ON/OFF button.
Do not immerse the electrode over the maximum immersion level.
- For best results, calibrate periodically
- After use, rinse the electrode with water and store it with a few drops of storage solution in the protective cap
- Re-attach the protective cap after each use.
Do not use distilled or deionised water for storage purposes.
Procedure for Direct Ground Measurement
- Verify meter is set up correctly and pH probe is calibrated.
- Dig, discarding 5cm of topsoil.
- Perforate the soil (with HI-721319 soil auger) to a depth of about 20cm or more. (Not included with this meter, please buy separately).
- If the soil is dry, moisten it with a small amount of tap water.
- Wash the electrode with tap water (not distilled).
- Insert the electrode pushing it slightly into the soil to ensure proper contact.
- Observe the measurement.
- Wash the electrode with tap water (not distilled) and (using a finger) gently remove any soil remaining on the electrode (avoid using a rag or cloth).
- Repeat the procedure in different locations in the field.
- Consider the average of the measured data.
For best results, it is advisable to measure the pH of a soil solution using a sample of soil and soil preparation solution (HI-7051). It is better to use this procedure if you have to test a stony field in which you risk damaging the electrode.
|Range||0.0 to 12.00 pH|
|Accuracy||±0.05 pH @ 25°C|
|Calibration||Automatic, one or two-point|
|electrode||Built-in probe for specific application|
|Battery Type||CR2032 Li-ion|
|Battery Life||Approximately 1000 hours of continuous use|
|Auto-off||8 minutes, 60 minutes or can be disabled|
|Environment||0 to 50°C, RH 95% max|
|Dimensions||51 x 151 x 21mm|