Hanna Instruments

Scientific Equipment

Safety Data Sheets

SDS search & quick download

Free Delivery

Most of mainland GB for orders over £50. Other charges may apply - see more

Hanna Care

We take the long view, looking after existing customers as much as delighting new ones!

Certificates of Analysis

Download a copy of the certificate of analysis for your solution

HI-96745 Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Photometer

HI-96745 Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Photometer

Hanna HI-96745 Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Photometer

HI-96745 Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Photometer

Complete with cuvettes
2 year manufacturer warranty
£343.60 (exc. VAT) £412.32 (inc. VAT)

Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Ion Specific Meter - supplied with 2 cuvettes and caps.

HI-96745 Free & Total Chlorine, Total Hardness Iron and pH Photometer information

Hanna's extended description

Chlorine, Total Hardness, Iron low range and pH Portable Photometer

Chlorine and pH are two of the most closely monitored parameters in water quality tests. Hardness is also an important parameter, attentively regulated to reduce waste or ensure proper functioning of equipment. Iron can cause an unpleasant taste or stain kitchenware or laundry.

Offering high levels of accuracy as well as being water resistant, portable and easy to use, it makes it the optimum solution for quick, efficient and economical measurement for Chlorine, Total Hardness, Iron low range and pH.

The HI-96745 is a powerful instrument to keep all these parameters under control.

Key features

  • Clear display messages make the instrument quick and easy to operate.
  • The powerful Cal Check calibration function means that there is no need to return the instrument to the laboratory to check its efficiency. Samples can be checked and validation confirmed at the press of a button.
  • Positive locking system ensures the cuvette is located in the same position each and every time is it placed in the measurement cell.
  • Auto shut off feature turns meter off after 10 minutes of non-use to save battery life.
  • Fully water resistant
  • Clear easy to use function buttons
  • Direct readout of parameter measured

Designed for precision

With the Hanna calibration check validation function, users can verify the performance of the meter quickly and easily at any time. Using Hanna NIST traceable standards, it takes just a few moments to check the accuracy of the instrument and to recalibrate as and when necessary.

All new instruments are factory calibrated at source and the electronic and optical design of the Hanna photometers minimises the need for frequent calibration. The Hanna calibration check further minimises the frequency with which instruments need to be returned to the calibration laboratory for full servicing.

Order information

  • Meter only (HI -96725): 2 glass cuvettes, 9V battery

NB: reagents ordered separately.

Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.

Water Resistant – Can withstand temporary exposure to water, but should not be submerged or washed under running water.


Specifications list


Range Free Chlorine: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (ppm); Total Chlorine: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (ppm); Total Hardness: 0.00 to 2.00 mg/L (ppm); Iron: 0.00 to 1.60 mg/L (ppm); pH: 6.5 to 8.5 pH
Resolution Chlorine: 0.01 mg/L (ppm); Total Hardness: 0.01 mg/L (ppm); Iron: 0.02 mg/L (ppm); pH: 0.1 pH
Precision Chlorine: ±0.03 mg/L (ppm) ±3% of reading; Total Hardness: ±0.11 mg/L (ppm) ±5% of reading; Iron: ±0.01 mg/L (ppm) ±8% of reading; pH: ±0.1 pH
Light Source Tungsten lamp
Light Detector Silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525 nm
Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
Power Supply (1) 9V battery
Auto-off After 10 minutes of non-use in measuring mode; after 1 hour of non-use in calibration mode
Dimensions 192 x 102 x 67 mm (7.6 x 4 x 2.6”)
Weight 290 g (10 oz.)
Method Chlorine: Adaptation of the EPA 330.5 Method, DPD; Total Hardness: Adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th ed. Calmagite/colorimetric method; Iron: Adaptation of TPTZ method; pH: Phenol red method

Questions & Answers

Got a question to ask? Use this form to submit your question.
Question will be displayed after moderation.
Name* Product Question*
No questions yet?
Don 't be shy, be the first to ask.